If you’re a writer with a dream, get one step closer to being a writer with an agent. Learn how to hone your craft, your pitch, and your query, at the conference with a long history of launching careers.
The SDSU Writers’ Conference was among the first to pioneer 1:1 appointments with agents and editors, giving you unprecedented access to top-tier publishing professionals — many of whom interact with unpublished authors only through conferences.
The 32nd annual conference is Jan. 22-24, 2016 at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. Register now for three days that could change your writing life.
Meet Literary Agent Paula Munier of Talcott Notch Literary at the 2016 conference:
1. What’s the best advice you can give to writers who are currently polishing their pitches and query letters in preparation for the 2016 SDSU Writers’ Conference?
Figure out why readers would buy your story over the bestselling authors in your genre and communicate that in your pitch. You should be able to articulate what sets your story apart from the competition.
2. Can you share one of the best/worst opening lines from query letters you’ve received?
Best query I got today:
I am a forensic investigator and biotech engineer seeking representation for my 88,000-word thriller….
Worst query I got today:
3. What’s the first book that spoke to you as a young reader?
Little Women. Of course I wanted to be Jo. And the Sherlock Holmes stories, notably The Adventure of the Speckled Band, for which I blame my subsequent fear of snakes.
4. If you had to choose only one, what’s your favorite book?
5. What do you hope to find at the 32nd Annual SDSU Writers’ Conference?
My next new client!
The 32nd Annual SDSU Writers’ Conference is Jan. 22-24, 2016 at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. Register now for three amazing days that could change your writing life.
For more information, visit neverstoplearning.net/writers, call (619) 594-0670 or email email@example.com.