While there are in-person Lean Six Sigma certification programs available, you can get Six Sigma certified online from San Diego State University. Our Lean Six Sigma certificate courses are ideal for students and career professionals looking to strengthen their problem-solving skills and improve their ability to perform root cause analysis across a variety of industries and job functions. Our courses are designed to help learners deliver real improvement results and improve their work-life—not just their resume.
Getting Lean Six Sigma Certified for Your Organization
From front-line staff to organizational leads, supervisors, managers, and directors, the Lean Six Sigma certification benefit all levels from planning to implementing change strategies. The online Six Sigma certificate is ideal for career professionals including but not limited to health care, finance, insurance, food and beverage, electronics, construction, product manufacturing, call centers, gas/utility, service, and administrative industries.
What Is Lean Six Sigma and How Can It Benefit You?
Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two powerful process improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma. Together, they provide a comprehensive yet straightforward framework and a toolkit for solving problems. Lean Six Sigma requires a long-term strategy and multi-phase implementation plan based on an organization’s level of maturity with the initiative. Training is only one element needed for a successful initiative. Other important elements to consider are resources, project selection, alignment with company objectives, the approach for employee engagement, and cultural opportunities for change.
How Can Being Six Sigma Certified Help In Non-Manufacturing Industries?
There are many ways to apply Lean Six Sigma across many administrative processes. Many service and administrative processes are replicated across different companies. Most organizations have similar departments such as Human Resources, IT, Marketing, Sales, and Operations. Many of these internal departments have similar processes across different industries and companies. All of these processes can have opportunities to streamline or reduce waste.
How You Can Get Six Sigma Certified Online
San Diego State University has partnered with goleansixsigma.com to provide curriculum and training developers to support you in obtaining your Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- Getting Six Sigma certified online with SDSU allows you to take your courses at your own pace that is accessible on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- There are unlimited retakes on the certification exams, and you can begin each course at any time.
- We’ve designed interactive material to challenge learners and drive retention.
- Exams are a way to cement education and improve learner recall, so instead of charging additional fees for retakes, we guide learners to ensure they understand the content as they work to pass the exams.
- Register for the Lean Six Sigma Certificate program and earn an SDSU Professional Certificate and Go Lean Six Sigma Certification with the Green and Black Belt and Lean Certification. Yellow Belts receive an SDSU Letter of Completion along with a Go Lean Six Sigma Certification.
Lean Six Sigma Labor Analysis & Salary Estimates
Lean Six Sigma is about streamlining processes, minimizing bottlenecks, and re-distributing resources to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction. Job postings for a Business Analyst position in the last 12 months reached 255,829, with a projected ten-year growth of 14.3% and an average salary range from $65,000 – $97,000. Learn more about salary expectations for the various Lean Six Sigma belt levels from the infographic below, or register for SDSU’s Lean Six Sigma Certificates Online.