Time is running out to take part in Winter Session 2021 through SDSU Global Campus, which is offering a wide range of courses during the upcoming semester break and giving you the opportunity to speed up your path to graduation, explore a new area of interest, and make use of the holiday break to take a class.
Winter Session 2021 features:
- 15 instructional days
- Enrollment open to current SDSU students, students from other colleges and universities, high school graduates, and working professionals
- Fully online courses you can take from anywhere
- Earn up to 3 units
- Fees are $282 per unit
Registration closes Dec. 15, and Winter Session runs from Dec. 17, 2020 to Jan. 14, 2021. Spring 2021 classes resume on Monday Jan. 18, 2021.
Helpful Winter Session 2021 Links
Wide Range of Classes Offered in Winter Session
This year’s Winter Session course offerings span a wide range of topics and courses of study, including one that satisfies a new required race-relations element for the university’s School of Public Affairs program, which is home to SDSU’s criminal justice major.
Students can fulfill the new race-relations requirement by taking Blacks in the American Justice System — AFRAS 0380 — an existing course in SDSU’s Africana studies program. The course examines “constitutional principles and judicial decisions” as they apply to the political and social condition of Black Americans. It is serving as a starting point for those developing new courses that more specifically apply to the criminal justice program.
The 2019 Winter Session included just 13 classes and 335 enrolled students. In 2020, the Winter Session grew to 21 courses and 562 enrollments, a 68% increase over the previous year’s session.The upcoming 2021 Winter Session will feature 36 classes.
Past Winter Sessions Received High Marks from Faculty and Students
Winter Sessions have proven popular with both faculty and students, according to surveys of participants.
Among 2020 Winter Session Faculty members surveyed:
- 100% of faculty surveyed would teach Winter Session again
- 89% reported that course objectives were met to their satisfaction
- 89% reported that students comprehended and retained information in the shorter term
Among 2020 Winter Session students surveyed:
- 85% would take another Winter Session course
- 92% felt they had sufficient time to complete assignments and coursework
- 95% felt they received adequate support from instructors
Nearly all 2020 Winter Session students (93%) were matriculated SDSU students and 90 different majors were listed by students from all SDSU colleges, with FCB and PSFA strongly represented. Of all 2020 Winter Session students, 64% were juniors or seniors.